Ten Auto-Buy Authors


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week we're talking about our auto-buy authors.

1. Leigh Bardugo. Even though the Grisha trilogy was not my favorite, I decided to give her a second chance with Six of Crows and I'm so glad I did. From now on, I want everything Leigh writes because she just seems to get better and better.

2. Holly Black (with the caveat that she's writing alone, not with Cassandra Clare.) I've been reading Holly Black since I was in middle school and Tithe came out. I've been obsessed since then. When the Folk of the Air books came out, well, you've never seen anyone as excited as I was. All her books in between have been right up my alley also. It's like Holly Black took a peak at my heart and wrote her books just for me.

3. Nova Ren Suma has been a favorite since she released Imaginary Girls. No one writes quite like she does, with her unique voice and even more unique worlds and plots. Her books are so unlike anything else I've ever read and as long as she's writing, I'm reading.

4. Kiersten White writes books that just speak to me. Between her female Vlad the Impaler, her Elizabeth Frankenstein, and now her Guinevere book coming this fall, she's retelling all the things in the new, darkly feminst ways we're all craving.

5. Amie Kaufman. Whether she's writing with Jay, with Meagan, or by herself, Amie's books speak to me. I don't know what it is, but her high concept science fiction books and her soft boy middle grade are wildly different but still hold the same Amie quality she brings to everything she writes.

6. Madeline Miller. After reading The Song of Achilles I knew that I would want to read anything and everything she would ever publish. Of course I still haven't read Circe, but I've got to be in the right head space to be crushed in that particularly Madeline Miller way.

7. Robin LaFevers. Lately she's been publishing His Fair Assassin and the new spin-off books, but even if she quits this series and this world, I know whatever she cooks up next will have a nice little spot on my shelves because HFA is so deeply important to me.
 
8. Caleb Roehrig. I haven't actually read any of his books but I have read all of his tweets and I love him. So yeah, I'm supporting him and buying all his books. It helps that they are definitely my jam and I know I'll love them. Plus the covers are my faves.
 
9. Ngozi Ukazu. I've only read Check Please, and I'm not exactly sure if she's written any other webcomics, but I will find out and read all of them, and then I'll read any new material she puts out. Check Please is THAT GOOD YALL.
 
10. Dahlia Adler. So Dahlia is a friend of mine, OF COURSE, I'm gonna buy her books. ALL of them. But her books are also awesome and feature the beeeest friend groups and the BEST love interest. If you haven't read her romance yet, I HIGHLY recommend reading Last Will and Testament. It's so beautiful and sweet and moving and sexy and funny. 
 
Do we share any of the same auto-buy authors?

No comments