June Wrap-Up


June has been kind of a strange month for me. I felt like I was very busy all the time, but when I look back, it doesn't really seem like I did too much. I think it's that I'm still adjusting to working now, even if it's only two days a week. It's been ten years since I last had a job, so it's been a big change for me. But it's nice, even if it's hard work. Especially since it makes time for audiobooks.

I was sick twice this month, dealt with a major drop in my milk supply, and also had to deal with my wedding anniversary last weekend. Coupled with roll-over from last month, I'm just ready to put this half of the year behind me, already.

One fun thing that happened was Rosie getting her first haircut. Not so fun was that the stylist did not listen to anything I asked of her, so Rosie (and I) left with.. well, we'll call them Looks. Rosie has bangs now, which I am not a fan of. But she did such an amazing job sitting in the chair and getting her hair done. So stoic and concentrating hard.




Wrap-Up



Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren. My first Christina Lauren, but certainly not my last! This really got me, emotionally. Several times while I listening I had to stop because I started crying. I didn't exactly love the ending and I thought the characters were acting unlike themselves. But I still really enjoyed this and I can't wait to read more of their books.

Are You Listening? by Tillie Walden. I will eventually have a full review up for this one closer to the release date, but it's safe to say I loved this! I especially loved the relationship between the two main characters and seeing an adult queer woman support a younger queer girl through a very trying period in her life.

The Murders of Molly Southbourne by Tade Thompson. I've been wanting to read this forever and I figured since the sequel is coming soon, now was the time. I read this in one sitting in the bath (it's a novella, so it's not like it was hard lol) and it was really entertaining and gripping. There were some gory scenes and some creepy scenes. I loved the ending and can't wait to see where it goes.

Cress by Marissa Meyer. A reread and the best decision ever. I love this book but I forgot exactly how much. Thorne is perfection, the love of my life. Levana is a great villain. This series is just so cinematic and exciting. I'm FINALLY going to finish it wow.

Memento by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Even though Goodreads says this isn't a book, I'm counting it, dammit. I loved this. Of course I did. It was fantastic and creepy and honestly, Jay and Amie did it again. In just 85 pages I was totally attached to the characters and when it was over, I immediately thought, "Wow, I need more." And then I realized. 

What was the best book you read this month?

2 comments

  1. Love seeing you rereading Marissa Meyer books. My fave! Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you had a great reading month! I really want to start reading Christina Lauren's books, everyone seems to love them :)

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete