Fictional Characters Go to a Theme Park

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week is a character freebie, and let me tell you, I am terrible at coming up with my own topics. So I asked the Twitterverse and Nicole gave me the BEST idea. I'm sending some iconic YA characters to an amusement park and these are the rides they'll go on.

The Carousel - Manon from the Throne of Glass series
I mean, obviously, right? The ironteeth witches ride brooms and wyverns, it would make sense that Manon would try a carousel horse, too. If she ever learned to let go, she might enjoy herself too.
The Games - Kestrel from The Winner's Trilogy
I thought for a while about which YA characters screamed "competitive" to me and Kestrel was an obvious choice. For no reason AT ALL, she insisted on winning that auction. And then all her later displays of wagering and game-playing. She's the obvious choice here.
The Tilt-a-Whirl - Kaz from Six of Crows
If Kaz was *forced* to go to a carnival or an amusement park, he would ride the tilt-a-whirl and here's why: control. This is one of the few rides you control yourself: how much spinning is involved, who you're sitting with. Maybe Inej would be allowed on but there would be no tilting or whirling at all.
The Food - Ron from the Harry Potter series
Can you all just IMAGINE Ron let loose at a Muggle amusement park!? He'd be in Weasley heaven. 
The Ferris Wheel - Legend from the Caraval series
 I would be extremely remiss to leave out Legend on a carnival/amusement park post. He'd ride the Ferris Wheel because when you're at the top, you can see the whole park spread out below you. He's the master of the games, after all, and it makes sense that he'd want to see his creation in all its glory.
The Roller Coaster - Jude from the Folk of the Air series
Jude would be terrified of that roller coaster, which would piss her off, and she'd ride right in the front seat, hands in the air, just to prove that she could. 
The Swings - Cress from The Lunar Chronicles
Swings are fun and whimsical, and for me, kind of hearken back to my childhood. They also give you a great vantage point so you can see the whole park for a little while, while sending a breeze flowing through you hair - controlled freedom. Just the perfect balance for Cress after living in a satellite for 7 years.
The Haunted House - Alina from the Grisha Trilogy
Alina was brave enough to go into the Unsea. Now that she's the sun summoner, she'd definitely be brave enough for the haunted house. 
The Bumper Cars - Ezra from the Illuminae Files
While wracking my brain for a bumper cars rider, I was trying to think of reckless and obnoxious but still lovable characters. Ezra definitely fits that bill. I can 100% imagine him crashing into Kady on purpose (and Nik too) and just having a blast. 
The Log Flume - Finnick from The Hunger Games trilogy
My friend Kevin and I definitely agreed that this had to be a character who was drawn to the water but wasn't necessarily an undersea creature lol. Finnick, from District 4, with his trident and his wetsuit, riding the log flumes is the ending he deserves and I'll accept nothing less.

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this topic so much! How unique! I can definitely see Ron going absolutely crazy over all the Muggle food. But I think he'd be a bit hesitant to actually go on any of the rides (and who can blame him?!). Jude would for sure go on the biggest, baddest roller coaster she could find, just to be able to claim she conquered it. And oh my gosh, I can totally see Ezra on the bumper cars. Along with Nik, who would be gleefully ramming Hanna non-stop to the point where she can't even move until she gets mad enough to just reach over and smack him, at which point he calls foul because that's cheating. xD

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks free travel

    ReplyDelete